Author Topic: Need Code for Newer Acura Transmission Temperature, Honda with CAN Does Not Work  (Read 5445 times)

Offline TimtheToolMan

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
I purchased UG MX with "Honda with CAN" and it does not work on Acura 2014 MDX.

I searched the web and will continue to look at specific Acura forums in hopes of making this new purchase work!

Do you have the codes?

UG does not.

Offline TimtheToolMan

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
More accurately I should have said that I need the PID (manufacture specific parameters). In other words: TXD, MTCH...that can be programmed into UG MX.

The codes are usually referred as the standardized OBDII parameters often used for trouble shooting (I do not need these).

I have done A LOT of web searching and positing to: Honda-Tech, MDXers.org, Acurazine and more, and have not been able to get the parameters.

My need is specifically for 2014 Acura MDX.

PID maybe (??) mostly the same for other J35Y series engines like 2013+ Accord, 2014 RLX, 2015 TLX...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 11:46:13 PM by TimtheToolMan »

Offline TimtheToolMan

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Well according to a knowledgeable source the UltraGauge will not be able to read transmission fluid (ATF) temperature on 2014 Acura MDX:

From post:
"SuperTech--can you provide the OBDII PID codes to see AFT temp on 2014 MDX?

I have been trying very hard to get these with no success. If you can, I owe you big time!!!! I want to monitor transmission temperature, using UltraGauge, while towing.--my post"

Response from (See post #24 page 1) http://www.mdxers.org/forums/94-new-2014-acura-mdx/100442-review-mdx-9-speed-transmission.html:
  That scan tool isn't going to be able to see that.

While it is still part of the PCM which is what the OBD-II standards allow access to, the TCM is a separate area. And it typically can't be accessed by scan tools like that. You need more professional grade type equipment to access more systems like transmission, body electrical, airbag, etc. which typically cost in the thousands."

Offline TimtheToolMan

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
As of April 2015, I was not able to find any codes for newer (after 2014) Acura or Honda. I searched and posted on many forums (at least four) to no success.

Product was returned in perfect condition including perfect packaging and I received a refund minus, shipping and a bit more (possibly to cover repackaging).

UltraGauge has been a good company to work with and has responded very promptly every time that I contacted them.

Offline dison4linux

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
I would have never even heard of UltraGauge if it weren't for the Honda Odyssey forums "odyclub" there are people on there touting the UltraGauge MX 1.3 showing transmission temperature for the 2011-2013 model years that used a 5-speed transmission.  For whatever reason, when Honda refreshed the Odyssey for 2014 using a newer 6-speed transmission, the transmission temperature is no longer available at the same PID.  I'm not 100% sure that its not possible to get the transmission temperature but I too have scoured the internet for someone that has been able to get it to work.  It's baffling to me that Honda would change so much from 2013 2014 that would result in no longer exposing the transmission temperature via HondaCAN, but it certainly is disappointing.  I do understand that the shortcoming is with the vehicle and not the UltraGauge, but even still this lacking is preventing me from buying an UltraGauge.  I'd be placing my order right now if I knew for sure that it would display transmission temperature, and there's a whole host of folks over on odyclub that'd be right behind me.