Author Topic: Can it graph/datalog ?  (Read 14292 times)

Offline danny318

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Can it graph/datalog ?
« on: October 12, 2015, 01:16:44 PM »
Will it have a graphing function that shows a value vs time or a value vs another value.  For example RPM vs O2 sensor voltage?  Or o2 sensor vs load?  Will it be able to 'datalog' or record this type of information?

Offline BlueSupport

• Global Moderator
  • Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: Can it graph/datalog ?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 09:29:47 PM »
For the initial release, the graphs are value vs time for any of the Gauges. 
Up to 10 independent gauges can be specified per page (these can be graphs, analog, digital, or alert icons).
Gauges can be overlapped (they are fully customizable), so you can have multiple gauges on a single graph.  As mentioned, they will each be time based.
Data Logging is being looked at for a future release.

Offline danny318

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 07:56:27 PM »
Thank you, this sounds good enough for initial release.  Datalogging would be top shelf!

Offline danny318

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 11:29:25 PM »
Is there a way to set the y axis scale ?  For the O2 sensors it goes to 4 which makes the graph fairly useless. 

Will it be updated to have user defined scale ?  Like .5-1.0 would be great for the o2 with .xxx resolution

Offline BlueSupport

• Global Moderator
  • Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 11:10:17 AM »
In the next versions (Andro.id 1.5/Apple 1.1.5) of the App, this will be settable by the user.

From the Graph's Edit Gauge screen, the values set for Min/Max will be used for the Min/Max Y-value on the graph.

Offline danny318

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 08:44:29 PM »
Excellent, keep up the good work.   ;D

Offline danny318

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 09:41:46 PM »
Is there plan to do sensor value vs RPM in a graph instead of vs time?  This would be highly useful

Offline BlueSupport

• Global Moderator
  • Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 09:30:30 PM »
Sorry for the loooooonnnng delay in responding.  Sounds like you would like the option to be able to generally graph one sensor vs another (in this case RPMs).

Offline danny318

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 09:32:28 PM »
That would be an excellent feature if it could do that.  O2 vs RPM would be best.  Others would be great too.

Also The scaling should be adjustable so the graph is readable in the useful data range. 

Offline danny318

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 11:09:55 PM »
The scale on the o2 graph is still not right.  It goes to 4 when the value for the gauge only goes to 1.2.  Please can you make it so we can manually pick the Y axis range please?

Offline BlueSupport

• Global Moderator
  • Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 01:16:27 PM »
If you set the Max value on the Graph's Edit Gauge screen to 1.2, that should be the max value it shoes.  Can you show a screenshot and let me know the App version you are using?

Offline Blue

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2016, 03:37:09 PM »
Is there plan to do sensor value vs RPM in a graph instead of vs time?  This would be highly useful

I needed to check engine temp. so I imposed two graphs on top of each-other. I worked pretty good. But would love to be able to be able to have the Yax description of one of the graphs on the right hand side and to be able to delete the name of the graph.

Or better, as posted in this thread, to choose my X parameter, which at the moment is time by default.

PS: This is my first posting and having to answer 4 spam questions before being allowed to post this message is a real pain in the ass

Offline danny318

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 11:20:38 PM »
If you set the Max value on the Graph's Edit Gauge screen to 1.2, that should be the max value it shoes.  Can you show a screenshot and let me know the App version you are using?

It always seems to be 0-4 even though the Y max is set to 1.27 or 1.0 or whatever.  Never changes the graph.  See the pictures:

Offline Blue

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2016, 02:14:25 PM »
I am able to change Y axis MIN and MAX for all graphs I tested, but NOT the two O2 sensors that are available on my car. When editing MAX it always jumps back to 1.275

@Danny , how did you manage to set the X axis time scale to the setting shown in your screen shot ?

Blue

PS: This forum really encourage people not to post a message. I have never seen a forum that makes it so difficult.

Offline BlueSupport

• Global Moderator
  • Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2016, 07:18:02 PM »

It always seems to be 0-4 even though the Y max is set to 1.27 or 1.0 or whatever.  Never changes the graph.  See the pictures:

You are correct (but you already knew that:).  On the current versions of UltraGauge for Apple, the Max was always being set to a value 3 above the max value you set.  This will be addressed in version 1.2.7 (and later versions) of the Apple App.  Sorry for the issue, but thanks for continuing to provide the detailed info to help track this one down!!!

Offline danny318

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2016, 10:14:39 PM »
Thank you.  Good news.