Author Topic: Preprogramming Question  (Read 4849 times)

Offline wildneg

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Preprogramming Question
« on: November 18, 2015, 07:31:32 PM »
I'm not too sure what to select when purchasing for Preprogramming.  Since my 2015 Ram Ecodiesel is CAN compliant, should I just choose the generic 'General Motors (GM) with CAN (~2008+) or something different? 

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: Preprogramming Question
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 08:18:07 PM »
I'm not too sure what to select when purchasing for Preprogramming.  Since my 2015 Ram Ecodiesel is CAN compliant, should I just choose the generic 'General Motors (GM) with CAN (~2008+) or something different?
GM CAN, Ford CAN or Tacoma would all be equivalent in your case, and none of the codes would work for your vehicle....but would be a good starting point.   You'll need to confirm that there are codes available for your year, make, model and engine size.  Given that it is so new, there may not be any known codes

General MX FAQ: http://ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/support/ultragauge-mx-FAQ.htm
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 05:31:27 PM by UltraGauge Admin »

Offline wildneg

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: Preprogramming Question
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 06:14:42 AM »
I did do the 'lookup' piece on the site and it gave me the list.  My main one was the exhaust elements (regen) and the boost.  Both appeared to be there for the 2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel.  Plus on the forums there, folks have them.  I just wanted to make sure there was no 'special' things that needed to be done. 

I appreciate the information.  I'm excited to get this!