Author Topic: Guages installed at installation  (Read 3700 times)

Offline BLUEMAN

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Guages installed at installation
« on: February 05, 2016, 06:16:33 PM »
During my install, UGBlue read my VIN and put a couple gauges on 1 or 2 screens. The installation also displayed a categorized report for the number of gauges available together with gauges that aren't available.

How do I add the gauges to my screens the report says are available but weren't added to screens during installation? Do I need perform a WWW download to get gauges my install report said are available?

As UG newby,  I'm confused.

Offline BlueSupport

• Global Moderator
  • Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: Guages installed at installation
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 06:21:21 PM »
Here's my recommendation:

1) Go to the Vehicle Info screen by clicking on the text in top right corner of the title bar on the Gauge Page
- Make sure the VIN is populated on this page
- Click on the Cloud Download icon at the top
(Note: the first time you perform a cloud operation, the App will prompt you for the email/password you used when purchasing UltraGauge Blue. This is to allow the App to uniquely store your info)
- This will cause the App to attempt to download vehicle parameters
- Make sure the following fields are filled in (if not done
automatically, then enter them manually:
- Year/Make/Model/Engine Size/Gas vs Diesel/Tank Size
- Hit the Cloud Upload button to save all parameters to the cloud

2) Add/Remove/Modify the gauges you want
- To Add a gauge, just do a long-press on the Gauge Page background. At this point, the App will walk you through selecting the gauge type you like (Analog/Digital/...) and the specific vehicle gauge you want.
- To Remove a gauge, just long-press on the gauge, and drag it to the trash can which will appear on the bottom of the screen
- To Move a gauge, just long-press and drag where you want it to go
- To Re-size a gauge, just pinch/zoom on a gauge
- Note: Additional tweaking of the gauges can be done by double-tapping on a specific gauge.

3) The WWW Download of gauges will attempt to find other gauges which are specific to your vehicle. In short, the default gauges already loaded are standard OBDII gauges which may be supported by your vehicle. The WWW Download, looks for Manufacturer specific gauges.
If the WWW Download finds any gauges, they will be listed after they are found. If you would like to use any of these gauges, you must first do a TEST to verify they work on your vehicle (this is necessary due to the fact that Manufacturers change the gauges/gauge locations over time on different vehicles. This step will make sure they actually work for your specific vehicle.
To test them, select the WWW Gauge, then click on the Vehicle Icon at the top of the screen. On the Pop-up screen, click the button to test it against your vehicle. If it is successful, and the reported values look right, you can then click the button to make this Gauge valid for your vehicle. At this point, it will show up just like any other gauge.