Author Topic: This app really needs a locking feature  (Read 6082 times)

Offline Blue

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
This app really needs a locking feature
« on: August 12, 2016, 09:22:56 AM »
I think this app needs a lock that prevents the user from changes. i have two reason to request that.

1) It is way to easy to move the gauges around. One false, or too slow, finger movement on the screens and the position of the gauges is messed up. I do not have an image to illusdtrate this but I think the request is clear.

2) The other day the mess was even bigger than just one gauge changing location. Everything has moved up. Please note the initial design and the messed up design below.  I hope it will not happen again. Perhaps the lock feature I mentioned could also prevent this from happening again.

Offline Blue

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: This app really needs a locking feature
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 01:38:31 PM »
-- BUMP --

Offline Blue

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 12:41:20 PM »
Today it happened again. I will stop using the app and change back to the old classic original ultra-gauge.

I case I can to anything to help get more information on this bug please let me know.

Offline Blue

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 11:46:38 AM »
I found what triggers problem 2 on my Huawei  Smart Phone.

- Make sure Gauge Page Orientantion is set to Auto.
- Make sure the Phone Auto Rotate is off.
- Fire up Ultra Gauge and hold phone horizontally.
- Double tap on a gauge to open the edit screen.
- Exit the edit screen.

Offline Blue

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 05:51:06 AM »
Last week the issue #2 happened again.

Has Ultra Gauge planned to fix the issue or is this a case of "just live with it" ?

Offline GTOJim

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 10:00:56 AM »
I'm really surprised at the lack of activity in this forum.  If I was looking to purchase a new Ultra Gauge and came to this forum, I would start  looking for something else.

I made a post back in February that is still waiting for moderator approval before it's posted here for everyone to see. 

Good luck to you..

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 12:28:50 PM »
This forum was essentially disabled by preventing new membership.   The problem is that Russian spammers spam this forum and try to post advertisements.   They use some automated means and create hundreds of fake accounts every day.   We put all sorts of road blocks in place that prevented posts, but occasionally a few would get through.  It just became too much work to maintain.
We have found that it is far more practical and useful for users to post on vehicle specific forums.   Anything support related should not be posted on the forum and the support pages, knowledgebase, and support ticket system is the best choice.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 01:26:38 PM by UltraGauge Admin »