Author Topic: UG Blue Sharing - 2 Vehicles  (Read 2692 times)

Offline DenCon

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
UG Blue Sharing - 2 Vehicles
« on: August 16, 2016, 07:39:22 AM »
Occasionally I have to clear the CEL on my wife's VW Beetle. Can I share my single UGB to do this? I can only see a "delete vehicle" option, which I don't want to do (with my daily).
It's hard to justify the cost of a second transceiver for this task.

Offline DenCon

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: UG Blue Sharing - 2 Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 08:59:03 PM »
Anyone?

Offline BlueSupport

• Global Moderator
  • Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: UG Blue Sharing - 2 Vehicles
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 10:32:33 AM »
From the Blue Manual (https://ultra-gauge.com/blue/utragauge-blue-user-manual.pdf):

The UltraGauge Blue Adapter can be moved from vehicle to vehicle. It will scan and detect the protocol of the target vehicle along with a unique tag to identify the vehicle (this tag will be the VIN number if the reading the VIN is supported on this vehicle).  UltraGauge Blue accumulates distance and fuel usage data per vehicle.
UltraGauge Blue will persistently store data for a single main vehicle. This includes both gathered data (like run time and distance) as well as vehicle specific configuration (such as distance calibration). This allows for:
  • Storing persistent info for your main Vehicle
  • Using UltraGauge Blue to troubleshoot other vehicles. This could be for things like reading trouble codes or checking out emissions readiness on another vehicle

How it works
When the UltraGauge Blue Adapter powers up, it will read the vehicle’s unique Tag and do the following:
  • If the Tag corresponds to the main stored configuration, UltraGauge Blue will load the stored data and start.
  • If the Tag does not exist on UltraGauge Blue, and if there has never been a tag stored, it will store this Tag as the unique Tag for the main vehicle, and start.
  • If the Tag does not exist on UltraGauge Blue, and there is another Tag already stored as the main vehicle, it will start running without loading the stored data. This allows all UltraGauge information to be valid for the current ignition cycle. However, this info will not be stored persistently unless the user selects the current vehicle as the main vehicle from the UltraGauge Application.
Note: The UltraGauge Blue Mobile Application will allow you to view the main vehicle and current running vehicle
(running vehicle shown if different than main vehicle) and specify which vehicle will be stored as the main vehicle. If
no vehicle has been specified as the main vehicle, then the first vehicle discovered will become the main vehicle.

This allows 1 vehicle to be persistent (regardless of the Adapter being unplugged from a given vehicle).