Author Topic: Vehicle Look-up Utility  (Read 7700 times)

Offline HTSS_TR

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Vehicle Look-up Utility
« on: August 16, 2010, 12:51:58 PM »
When the Look-up utility is updated ? I did not see 2004 Honda (S2000) nor 2000 Mercedes Benz (E430) in the  Look-up utility.

I'm looking to see if Engine Oil Temperature is one of the gauge supported for either car above.

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: Vehicle Look-up Utility
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 06:22:35 PM »
When the Look-up utility is updated ? I did not see 2004 Honda (S2000) nor 2000 Mercedes Benz (E430) in the  Look-up utility.
I'm looking to see if Engine Oil Temperature is one of the gauge supported for either car above.
The Utility is updated slowly over time.  It requires an actual scan of every  year, make, model, and engine size.  The resulting number of permutation is gigantic.   
Support of Engine oil Temperature is very rare.   I would say that the Honda does not support it and I can't even guess if the Benz would support it, but I would say the odds are against it.

Offline sontakke

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 04:23:37 PM »
I am hoping that your web software has already swallowed the information gathered from
the laborious rebate procedure and is NOT waiting for the paper mail to show up via snail mail.

That would be a good way to build up the database vehicles currently hooked up Ultra-Gauge.

- Vikas

Offline wingerr

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 01:02:41 AM »
It's set up to add the data once the rebate submission procedure is executed and the checkboxes clicked off for the scan of the vehicle.

I saw all the information on the vehicle I entered show up on the utility right away after that was done, before the rebate was even submitted.

Offline wingerr

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 01:56:28 AM »
Is there any way to possibly add notes on the functionality of the Ultra Gauge on the entered vehicle?

It might be helpful for someone to know whether trouble codes are supported or not on a particular vehicle.

It was odd that it's not supported on a Focus, despite it having 51 gauges available through the CAN 11 bit bus.
Not a real critical function for me because I have a scan tool for the purpose, just surprising that it would not be able to read trouble codes.

The gauge availability estimator doesn't mention the capability, as it's not actually a gauge, so there's no indication if it's able to act as a trouble code reader.

Offline wingerr

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 12:26:48 PM »
This from the instruction manual, which I didn't notice-
Trouble Codes ..
In order to read or clear the trouble codes, the engine does not need to be running, but the ignition must be in the run position and it
must stay in this position.

That was the problem; works fine when the instructions are followed- :)

I made the wrong assumption that all the screens in the menu options could be run in the power off mode.

Offline bamzippow

• Jr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 01:55:17 PM »
I noticed you have a misspelling on there...  :(

"Instake Air Temperature"

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile