Author Topic: 2002 jeep grand cherokee  (Read 5016 times)

Offline scotvl

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
2002 jeep grand cherokee
« on: August 21, 2010, 09:33:28 PM »
I am about to pull the trigger and buy an ultragauge but I want to know how many gauges I can get on my 2002 jeep grand cherokee overland with a 4.7. I'm most interested to know if I'll get o2 sensor readings. thanks in advance

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: 2002 jeep grand cherokee
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 10:20:10 PM »
I am about to pull the trigger and buy an ultragauge but I want to know how many gauges I can get on my 2002 jeep grand cherokee overland with a 4.7. I'm most interested to know if I'll get o2 sensor readings. thanks in advance
UltraGauge supports the gauges described here:
http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/TEN/gauges.htm

However, the actual gauges available to UltraGauge is vehicle dependent. The available gauges vary based on Year, Make, Model, Engine Size and sometimes even based on the transmission. For example, a 2004 Ford Mustang with a V6 may support different gauges than a 2004 Ford Mustang with a V8. Unfortunately there is no way to know which gauges are truly supported without physically attaching UltraGauge and discovering the available gauges. However, Gauges such as MPH, RPM, Intake Air Temperature, Coolant Temperature, distance gauges, Run Time Gauges, and Mileage gauges are commonly supported.

In an effort to help alleviate this issue, we have provided a Vehicle Gauge Availability Estimator. Please read the important information contained on the estimator page before use. The estimator can be found here: http://ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/support/gaugelookup.php

UltraGauge is good for catching an O2 sensor which is not functioning correctly.  For example, one that is reading 0v or reading full scale.  However, its not very useful as a gauge to watch.  The reason is that with a classic O2 sensor, the O2 voltage output constantly varies around the stoichiometric point.  Since UltraGauge has a digital display, as opposed to an analog gauge, the value just appears to jump around.  I suppose that in itself is an indication that the 02 is functioning correctly, but beyond that it is not of much value.