Author Topic: compatibility issure  (Read 6615 times)

Offline capnfred

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
compatibility issure
« on: August 24, 2010, 09:06:51 PM »
What a great device.... before i plunk down my Paypal, I need to know if my cars are compatible.. one is on the edge the other should be ok... both are obdII compliant, one is a 96 Ford ranger 3.0, the other is a 1995 Lexus ES-300 w/3.0, hopefully they will both work, if so count me in..... waiting to here from you .. again good job...!!  I sent an emai before I knew about the forum... so you can either answer here or the email...

Thanks,,

Fred

Offline capnfred

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: compatibility issure
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 01:11:02 PM »
Got my guage today, tried it on both vehicles, seems to work fine on the ford and the Lexus... have not set anything up, but it finds 37 gauges on both vehicles, have not done an A-B compairson gauge by gauge yet but if you like I will give you a list of the gauges found for each vehicle for your database.  Still have to get used to it..

Fred

Offline tcope12

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 09:28:54 PM »
I found the best way to set the gauges is to take the layout in the manual, copy it to a pad of paper and then take it to the device while plugged into the vehicle. You can then go through the 37 gauges and write them down on the pad of paper as you go along. Good in case you need to unplug the device... that way you can set it up again easily.

Offline danieldc

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 06:17:42 AM »
I made a copy of the list of possible gauges supported page and took it out to the car with me. This way I was able to just put a mark next to all of the ones that are possible on the vehicle. I also made a copy of the screen page and wrote on for how I wanted it configured. I did dthis for both my vehicles and left it in the glove box. Now it only takes a minute to move it from one vehicle to the next and set it up.

Offline capnfred

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 10:10:16 PM »
Thats the same way I did it, that along with a diagram of the screens desired with labels and names... works for me.... great tool