Author Topic: UltraGuage configurable for tire size?  (Read 5685 times)

Offline trdguykc

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
UltraGuage configurable for tire size?
« on: September 02, 2010, 12:25:07 AM »
Im interested in this guage however I had a question. My vehicle is not running a stock tire size and i have not calibrated my speedometer for the larger tires, therefore the readings are off....... Being that the UltraGuage plugs into the OBDII It will read inaccurately correct? Is there any way to calibrate for a larger tire size with this Guage?

Thanks,

-kris

Offline Manlaan

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: UltraGuage configurable for tire size?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 06:56:43 AM »
Im interested in this guage however I had a question. My vehicle is not running a stock tire size and i have not calibrated my speedometer for the larger tires, therefore the readings are off....... Being that the UltraGuage plugs into the OBDII It will read inaccurately correct? Is there any way to calibrate for a larger tire size with this Guage?

Thanks,

-kris

The manual says that there is a distance calibration you should do for this issue.  This was one of the first things I checked into before even considering it.  It actually sounds like they did a decent job in finding an easy method to calculate it based solely on a known distance between two points (mile markers or whatever).