Author Topic: 2006 Jeep Liberty with the 2.8L turbo-diesel engine and a 545RFE auto transition  (Read 6325 times)

Offline PBRBull

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Can somebody help me that would know if this UltraGauge would work for me?

I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty with the 2.8L turbo-diesel engine and a 545RFE auto transition

What I need is a accurate Transition Temp gauge instead of the idiot light. I had to replace
one Torque Converter because of slipping and high heat this UltraGauge is cheaper than
a manuel temp gauge and sending unit if it would work. ???

Any help is appreciated.

<BC>

Offline bamzippow

• Jr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
Do you mean transmission temperature gauge?  No...the UG currently doesn't do transmission temp reporting.

Do you have an auxiliary transmission cooler installed?  I would install the biggest one you can to keep yer temps down.  :D

Offline DynoPax

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Before going ahead, maybe Mr. Ultragauge can confirm if his product is actually compatible with the Liberty CRD?

A competitor product (SC) is unable to work properly, because of the presence of 2 ISO9141-2 controller units: 1 is the BCM, the other is the VM Motori (Italian diesel engine) controller. Both provide diagnostic, which is incompatible with ISO9141-2. Chrysler devised a workaround for this, but SC is unable to function properly because of forced behavior applied in this matter (software "fix")...

Any report from the field?

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
There has been some 34,000 different combinations of year, make, model and engine size since 1996.  Its impossible to test them all.  We have designed to the standard and to the degree that a particular year, make, model and engine size is compliant, it should work.  However, there are exceptions.   Please look review our exceptions list:
http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/support/UltraGauge_Compatibility_Exceptions.html

Also, we maintain a growing database of vehicles which have physically been scanned by UltraGauge:
http://ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/support/gaugelookup.php
A 2005 & 2006 Jeep Liberty with a 3.7L engine have successfully interfaced with UG.