Author Topic: Tank Volumn  (Read 4049 times)

Offline DonL100

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Tank Volumn
« on: November 05, 2010, 03:27:21 PM »
I use the Ultra Gauge (UG)on my '08 Toyota Tacoma. The tank size is 21.1 gal. When using this size in the calibration of the UG my FILLUP is more than it should be as stated on the UG. (Gallons used vs gallons pumped). I'm sure that the volumn stated stated on Toyota's Specs doesn't take into effect the volumn of gas that can be used from the tank.( You can't put 21.1 gallons in a 21.1 gallon tank) If I take the total number of gallons filled and figure the mileage with the UG's Distance Trip it doesn't correspond tothe UG's MPG. It's off by about three MPG. My UG mileage has been calibrated and Toyota's system is MAF. Any help would be appreciated. thanks, Don

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: Tank Volumn
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 03:44:18 PM »
I'm not quite clear why you are cross referencing the tank volume to the MPG calibration... one does not affect the other. except as it relates to DTE and TTE.
Given the MPG difference, it seems that the calibration process may not have gone right.
This is not a support forum, so if you believe you have an issue, create a support ticket via the ultra-gauge.com support page

Offline DonL100

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: Tank Volumn
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 04:24:34 PM »
I guess what I'm wondering is why, when I calibrate the UG to a 21.1 gas tank and fill it and drive a certain number of miles and it says I've used 10 gallons,  I put in 12 gallons to refill the tank?