Author Topic: Trans temp yet?  (Read 25839 times)

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: Trans temp yet?
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 05:08:27 PM »
This is interesting...  today I got a response to my email inquiring about Trans Temp and IAT2 to pre-sales support saying that:

"Trans temp is not a standardized parameter and is not supported.   Only IAT is supported.  IAT2x is not supported as there is essentially no vehicle manufacturers that support it."

So maybe they don't plan on supporting new PID's at all? ???
There are some 136 standardized parameters.  Manufacturers are generally/loosely required to make available those parameters which are used as part of their emissions system.   For many manufacturers this can be a small number (<10) especially for early OBDII vehicles.     Just because the parameters are standardized does not mean they are present and available.    For example, while Oil temp is a standardized parameter, we have only ever seen one vehicle support it, and it was a British vehicle.  So there is little point in UG supporting these parameters that the manufacturers themselves do not support.
However, behind the scenes those same manufacturers make available many, many more parameters which are meant to be accessed by their service personnel.   These are commonly referred to as manufacturer parameters.   Most manufacturers keep these parameters a closely guarded secret.  However, over time many have leaked out.   
We do plan to offer a version of UG in the distant future which can access manufacturer parameters.

Offline oemtech

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
    • Oemy's UltraPower Performance
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 01:46:41 PM »
Do to the fact that the TCM has to be queried by the ECM before the Trans Temp can be displayed most if not all OBD 2 gauges do not support it. Most OBD2 gauges just support available standard pids. The Trans & Oil Pressure, if support by the OEM, are enhanced pids.

IE -1940 for trans & 115C for Oil Press

Offline mikeb9550

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2011, 09:28:55 PM »
Just checking back in to see if you are supporting Trans Temp for E350 Ford Vans with the V10...

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 09:07:05 AM »
This feature is already up and running in the lab.  We just need to find the resources to polish it up and hit it with heavy beta testing.  It will not be released until end of Q1 best case.

Offline mikeb9550

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 09:26:48 AM »
Thanks for the status and you have my info if you want me to help beta it. Just let me know and I will shoot you the payment.