Author Topic: Trans temp yet?  (Read 27365 times)

Offline mikeb9550

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Trans temp yet?
« on: January 29, 2011, 12:53:13 PM »
Just checking to see if there is any status for the trans temp? I have a ford e350 with a torqshift. Read on the board 1st qrtr.

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: Trans temp yet?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 02:53:19 PM »
Just checking to see if there is any status for the trans temp? I have a ford e350 with a torqshift. Read on the board 1st qrtr.
When released, everyone on the forum will receive an announcement...soon

Offline mikeb9550

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 06:17:00 PM »
Thanks for the update. I will order one the day I get the notification.

Offline mikeb9550

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 12:14:10 PM »
Does anyone know if its getting close? If not I will just buy one now and send it in later for the upgrade.

Thanks..

Offline b4c346

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 09:50:32 AM »
i'm also waiting for trans temp for my 2001 camaro. i was told march.still waiting for notification.

Offline bren

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 01:33:47 PM »
I plan on buying one once trans temp is added.  If it takes forever though I may just have to purchase a scangauge and call it a day.

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 07:27:54 AM »
We have had the manufacturer gauges such as trans temp up and running in the lab for some time.  However we are not satisfied with the limited vehicle support.   For example, outside GM and Ford there is very little manufacturer specific gauge information available.   As a result we our currently expanding/growing support and will release the enhanced version when adequate coverage is available.     It is possible to receive a pre-released version as part of our beta program.
Send and email to
enhanced_beta
@ultra-gauge.com
if you are interested.  You will receive an auto-response with details.

Offline DR650

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 12:27:56 PM »
Sign me up, trans temp is what I've been waiting on.  I have a 2008 Ford F-350 V-10 with Torq-shift transmission.  I have sent my contact info.

Offline k1ngkev1n1

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 01:35:42 PM »
Do you have to have a ford, GM or prius to participate in testing? or can other makes and model test the beta as well to see if it works with other models?

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 03:31:17 PM »
Do you have to have a ford, GM or prius to participate in testing? or can other makes and model test the beta as well to see if it works with other models?
Beta testing has yet to begin for the enhanced version.  If we were to beta test today it would be for only Ford, GM and the Prius.   When we do start beta testing, we hope to support more manufacturers.

Offline khager

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 10:04:03 PM »
Is there any way we can get a beta version soon for Ford and GM users, and then worry about everybody else later?  Is it just software we are talking about here?  If so would I be able to upgrade software later to support Trans Temp on my Ford,  if I buy the current version now?  Thanks

Kevin

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 04:22:42 PM »
The Enhanced version is not in a state that would allow it to be shipped.    Beta testers will see the first version July.

Offline v10user

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 10:01:16 AM »
UltraGuage Admin, sent a message to enhanced_beta but did not receive an email back.  I am interested in the beta program.  Are you no longer accepting testers?  Thanks

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 10:36:05 AM »
It will likely be early Q4 2011.   Note that if your Ford is a Diesel, UG does not support the e/f series Diesel vehicles.

Offline v10user

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 12:22:07 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I have a gas Ford, so definitely want the upgrade when it is available.  Also, would still be interested in being a beta tester if more are needed.

Offline mrmeagle

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 11:18:12 AM »
Is there by any chance a more definite date for the trans temp update.  I signed up for beta testing, and would really like to have this for my 2005 Ford F250, with an automatic (torqshift) trans, and the 5.4l V8 (gas) engine.  I can also test it out in my 2006 Infiniti G35, with an automatic trans, and a 3.5l V6 engine.

Offline mikeb9550

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 09:07:43 PM »
It will likely be early Q4 2011.   Note that if your Ford is a Diesel, UG does not support the e/f series Diesel vehicles.

V10 here.  I'll wait thanks for the status.

Offline ReVox

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 11:52:54 AM »
Yes - trans temp, oil pressure and air-fuel ratio! That's would all I need .

Offline mikeb9550

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 06:17:58 AM »
Is the new EM gauge have the trans temp? Just wondering if this is the one we have been waiting for and I can go buy it. Please let me know. Thanks.. If not, I will keep waiting. No rush.

Offline DeadRinger

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 02:17:47 PM »
This is interesting...  today I got a response to my email inquiring about Trans Temp and IAT2 to pre-sales support saying that:

"Trans temp is not a standardized parameter and is not supported.   Only IAT is supported.  IAT2x is not supported as there is essentially no vehicle manufacturers that support it."

So maybe they don't plan on supporting new PID's at all? ???