Author Topic: automatic calibration for mpg?  (Read 4916 times)

Offline morris

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
automatic calibration for mpg?
« on: March 08, 2011, 12:24:01 PM »
i filled up my truck, i went and turned on my truck and the thing started beeping at me saying "tank full". i went to calibrate it and it wouldn't let me adjust. it said amount used was .1 and said "cannot adjust".

did it auto adjust for me? also my average mileage was lower by 1 or 2 mpg. however, when i got out of my truck for the night after getting home my average was reading 1 or 2 higher mpg higher.

has anyone had theirs do this?

since i've been driving my average has gone back up to where it was before or relatively close.

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: automatic calibration for mpg?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 01:18:13 PM »
When you filled up the tank, and then put the ignition to on, UG recognized that the tank had been filled, hence the alert that it adjusted the fuel level to full.

Calibration is completely different and relates to either calibrating the distance/MPH or calibrating the fuel usage.

Please read the calibration sections in the manual.

Offline BigGreen

• Jr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: automatic calibration for mpg?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 09:20:13 AM »
MORxxx, you are lucky, you seem to have a fuel level sensor which recognizes that you filled up.

I do not, and also have to do the calibration of MPG BEFORE I manually tell the gauge that a fill up occurred. Otherwise the system will use the current calibration factor stored and you have to wait till the next fill up.

Greetings!