Author Topic: ABS indicator on UltraGauge  (Read 8253 times)

Offline woodywrkng@mchsi.com

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
ABS indicator on UltraGauge
« on: March 21, 2011, 12:40:20 PM »
Howdy,
My 2008 Scion XB, barely out of warranty, has an issue with one of the four wheel sensors for the past month.  It's a known Scion issue.   The dashboard has the Brake, ABS, VSC, and Traction Control warning lights on.  The UltraGauge never noticed that problem until today when I had to clear it and re-select the gauges shown.  Now the UG says ABS at the top center of its' display.  I hoped it would tell me which sensor was the bad one, so I could change it myself (since the dealer is a jerk) but the UG claims there are no trouble codes.  My question is, what does the ABS refer to if not the brakes, and if it is the brakes, why does it claim there are no trouble codes?

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: ABS indicator on UltraGauge
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 12:58:12 PM »
Howdy,
My 2008 Scion XB, barely out of warranty, has an issue with one of the four wheel sensors for the past month.  It's a known Scion issue.   The dashboard has the Brake, ABS, VSC, and Traction Control warning lights on.  The UltraGauge never noticed that problem until today when I had to clear it and re-select the gauges shown.  Now the UG says ABS at the top center of its' display.  I hoped it would tell me which sensor was the bad one, so I could change it myself (since the dealer is a jerk) but the UG claims there are no trouble codes.  My question is, what does the ABS refer to if not the brakes, and if it is the brakes, why does it claim there are no trouble codes?
UG Typically picks up only Engine Codes and Transmission codes.   The Manufacturers are not required to make the non emission codes available.   Also, I would recommend setting "Force Protocol", if you have not done so already.  See the manual for details.

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 03:10:14 PM »
Does anyone know what the ABS indicator on the UG means then?  It wasn't  there until I cleared the UG.

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 03:32:21 PM »
There is no ABS indicator on UG.
Are you talking about the abbreviation for "absolute"

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 10:15:33 AM »
Perhaps ABS does mean absolute, I dunno.  It says "ABS" and wasn't there until after I re-started it.