Author Topic: Will there, and if yes when, a upgraded Ultra-Gauge available?  (Read 12579 times)

Offline BigGreen

• Jr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
I am ready to order another one.

But I do not want to buy it now and then find out 4 weeks later that a newer version came out (i.e. with metric).

Admin, can you give us a basic time-frame on when you think a newer version will be available?

Thank you!

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: Will there, and if yes when, a upgraded Ultra-Gauge available?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 10:27:08 AM »
Take a look at the support page topics  "Metric" and "Manufacturer specific gauges"
http://ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/support/UltraGauge_Support_LP.html

UPDATE:  Metric was released in 2011.   Manufacturer specific gauges has not yet been released
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:02:30 PM by UltraGauge Admin »

Offline TomatoSoup

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 04:42:42 PM »
Woo hoo!  Love to be able to read Oil temp in my car (Solstice).  Other OBD gauges can read it though UG cannot (yet).  Can I be a beta tester if I already have an UltraGauge? (I.e can I send it back for reflash?)

Offline smartcar111

• Newbie Gearhead
  • I love Smart cars and I love my UltraGauge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 11:45:57 AM »
I would as well would like to know when the next upgrade is coming out for the UltraGauge. I know on the smart car forum, I was advised that I could send in my UltraGauge to get the UltraGauge reprogrammed so it didn't shut off randomly, but I did not get a response. If I were to send my unit in for the upgrade, I would also want that issue corrected, but if the upgrade is not going to happen for awhile, I would like to send it in to stop the UltraGauge from turning off randomly. Admin, can you please PM me with more on how to send in my UltraGauge to get it reprogrammed and how much it would cost? It would be highly appreciated.

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 01:21:40 PM »
I would as well would like to know when the next upgrade is coming out for the UltraGauge. I know on the smart car forum, I was advised that I could send in my UltraGauge to get the UltraGauge reprogrammed so it didn't shut off randomly, but I did not get a response. If I were to send my unit in for the upgrade, I would also want that issue corrected, but if the upgrade is not going to happen for awhile, I would like to send it in to stop the UltraGauge from turning off randomly. Admin, can you please PM me with more on how to send in my UltraGauge to get it reprogrammed and how much it would cost? It would be highly appreciated.
Did not get a response?  Did you create a support ticket?   Create a support ticket and the support team will discuss your options.
http://ultra-gauge.com/customer_support

Offline BigGreen

• Jr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 09:19:11 AM »
Take a look at the support page topics  "Metric" and "Manufacturer specific gauges"
http://ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/support/UltraGauge_Support_LP.html

Well, finally there is a approximate date in it. Yet not specific, so I guess I rather wait.

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 09:12:53 AM »
The UltraGauge EM has been released.

Offline wingerr

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 10:52:32 AM »
Just got back here after a long while after seeing a notification that topics have been deleted; just found out now there's been an upgrade-
Good to see the suggestions for single trip gauges and multiscreen gauge configuration has been implemented.
I'll have to look into getting an upgrade; however, I've added an on/off switch to my 'classic' units to address the issues I had where it was keeping the ECM awake and draining the battery when parked.  I need to know if this will prevent  me from sending them in for the upgrade.

Are the same units returned to the customer or do they simply get exchanged in the process?

Does the "EM" stand for anything in the name, or is it just a convenient model designation?

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 06:59:43 PM »
I'll have to look into getting an upgrade; however, I've added an on/off switch to my 'classic' units to address the issues I had where it was keeping the ECM awake and draining the battery when parked.  I need to know if this will prevent  me from sending them in for the upgrade.
Our policy is that we stand behind our product.  So as long as there is no functional damage resulting from mods, we have no problem upgrading such units.
Are the same units returned to the customer or do they simply get exchanged in the process?
We upgrade/repair/return the same unit sent in.
Does the "EM" stand for anything in the name, or is it just a convenient model designation?
It originally had internal meaning but quickly became a convenient model designation.