Author Topic: New revision out soon?  (Read 5938 times)

Offline bhart007

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
New revision out soon?
« on: May 04, 2011, 08:35:26 PM »
I read last night.. Admin posted a reference to late April/early May so here it is.. I'm just checking on the timeline.  Holding back my order until the new code is released.. not for the tranny temp per say but just to have the latest revision.

Admin?

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: New revision out soon?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 12:46:11 AM »
I read last night.. Admin posted a reference to late April/early May so here it is.. I'm just checking on the timeline.  Holding back my order until the new code is released.. not for the tranny temp per say but just to have the latest revision.

Admin?
Latest version?  What specifically are you hoping to see in the "latest version"?

Offline bhart007

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 01:41:16 AM »
Wow.. not quite the response I had hoped for.  I realize you may or may not get paid to reply to customers or potential customers on these forums but might I suggest you possibly not appear so cheeky?  All subsequent revisions of programming code contain changes.. whether it's fixes to existing faults/bugs, condensed syntax or tweaked usage of commands to perform the same function as before just more efficient.  Honestly since I know my truck does not have a transmission temperature sensor, I know not to expect that "Feature".  But you know maybe a little more communication could be had between you or the developers and the public as far as what's being worked on.  Your product is fairly popular and it's apparently been growing for a while now.  The way you handle yourself to the public should grow as well.

Now as for my post.. I didn't realize that I should be be so descriptive in my statements.. I should have said "I read through older posts last night, where you, the Admin, posted about a future software version release possibly coming out towards the end of April or beginning of May".

Offline CROCK 42

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 08:32:42 AM »
WOW...What a POOR way to address the ADMIN of this site !

I am glad to have contact with the people that run this web site...THANK YOU
Jerry

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 09:50:02 AM »
"I read through older posts last night, where you, the Admin, posted about a future software version release possibly coming out towards the end of April or beginning of May".
There are two versions in the works.  There is a metric/english version and an enhanced version.
In addition to the metric functions the UltraGauge EM, as it is called, also supports new features.  This version is in the beta test phase now.   The release date is difficult to say, as it depends on the number and quality of beta testers as we will not release a product until it is thoroughly tested.   The Enhanced version is the UltraGauge EM with  the ability to read manufacturer specific parameters, such as trans temp.  This version is also up and running.  However, we are not satisfied with the coverage among vehicles so we will hold this version back until we grow coverage.
Existing customers will be given the option to update their UGs to either version when released.

Regarding your other comments, please understand that this is not a support forum.  This is highlighted to each new member that signs up and is a sticky post at the start of each of the forum sections.  This forum was created for UG customers to communicate with each other and share information, such as custom installation and mounting.    Still we find that some still post support related questions.  We do help those users but this forum is monitored much less frequently than our support ticket system and as a result the response is much, much slower.

Offline bhart007

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 10:28:46 AM »
I wasn't trying to come off as a jerk mind you.. but your response caught me off guard.  From your description the EM is what I would be looking for in this case.  I fully understand and wouldn't expect anything else short of testing to the fullest extent before public release, which is why I was asking the original question..inquiring to an updated timeline or release date or an update of any kind which you've not given so thanks for that very much.

Now I did read and agree to the whole idea of not using these for support but I assumed a question about releases and dates would not be considered Support per say.  You do consider it Support related so my bad.