Author Topic: Rebate  (Read 6654 times)

Offline kb4ob

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Rebate
« on: June 08, 2011, 10:09:08 PM »
 >:(
I just received my Ultragauge and went through the painful process of getting the rebate.

FOLKS, IT Aint worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first time the &^%$& UG server crashed half way through the process and I had to wait 3 or 4 hours to start over.

When I finally jumped all of the hoops, crossed all of the T's , dotted all of the I's and signed my life away after making two trips to my vehicle to get the stupid codes they wanted I managed to get to the final step where you have to either email or snail mail all of the stuff to them and wait for up to ? weeks to find out whether or not you will get your measly $9.00 back.

I figure this is something like .25/hour to do stupid paperwork which, in my opinion, is entirely unneccessary.
This post will probably be deleted but the process totally  pi**ed me off.............
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 10:54:25 PM by UltraGauge Admin »

Offline fratermus

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: Rebate
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 12:33:15 AM »
weeks to find out whether or not you will get your measly $9.00 back.

I figure this is something like .25/hour to do stupid paperwork which, in my opinion, is entirely unneccessary.
This post will probably be deleted but the process totally  pi**ed me off.............

Yes, 36hrs of work for a $9 rebate would be $0.25/hr.  I agree with you that wouldn't be worth it for most people. 

Mine worked fine the first time (and I took a laptop with me to the truck) and even then I'm not sure it was worth the $9 in economic terms.  However, keying in the info does provide real feedback to the UG team;  it's not meaningless.  I suspect it's that information that populates the Gauge Estimator for future users.  I did it for that reason and not for the $9.

Your Mileage May Vary.

Offline iluvit

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 03:49:28 PM »
Well I tried for a long time to get the numbers plugged into the rebate form but there was a technical problem.   The finally had me manually submit my information regarding the readouts of the gauge on the last step with the promise of sending the rebate.   

However I never received the rebate which is the apparent original intent of the company.  This after sale excessive stipulation regarding the requirements for the rebate is unconscionable and for that reason I would not deal with this company again for any product.  I like the gauge pretty well but I have a big problem with the support, lack of phone communication, and the simple ethics of baiting and switching on the terms of the rebate.  I assume that most reasonable people felt that the rebate was like most others in which you fill out a simple registration form and mail it in.  That clearly was not the case here an most people will not be aware of the requirement of the rebate until after the sale.

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 07:34:38 PM »
Everyone that submits a complete rebate submission within 30 days receives their rebate.   However, rebates can take 4-8 weeks to process worst case.  Often rebates are processed in less than two weeks.  Trust me, we want everyone to get their rebate.    However, its disappointing how often a partial rebate submission is received. 

but there was a technical problem
What was the "technical" problem you experienced?   

the finally had me manually submit my information regarding the readouts
What are you referring to here....who are "they"?

When a customer has difficulty with the rebate process, and has submitted a support ticket, we often offer to complete the rebate for them.  We only ask that they provide the information that would be entered while using the automated rebate form generator.

Offline iluvit

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 05:12:31 PM »
weeks to find out whether or not you will get your measly $9.00 back.

Yes, 36hrs of work for a $9 rebate would be $0.25/hr.  I agree with you that wouldn't be worth it for most people. 

Mine worked fine the first time (and I took a laptop with me to the truck) and even then I'm not sure it was worth the $9 in economic terms.  However, keying in the info does provide real feedback to the UG team;  it's not meaningless.  I suspect it's that information that populates the Gauge Estimator for future users.  I did it for that reason and not for the $9.

Your Mileage May Vary.

Well I did everything for the rebate the first day I had it.  Unfortunately the system was not working and I checked off and on.  Finally someone had me send the information to them and they sent me something to submit after they entered the information manually.  After all this struggel for me to get information to help them with their product ie., which gauges are functional on my particular vehicle they still refuse the rebate.   

Offline DenCon

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 08:46:34 AM »
Yes, the rebate process is a PITA, but it worked for me - the UG is great!

Offline paulstevens

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 12:01:08 PM »
I also had an issue using their rebate system.  I contacted them and they offered to complete the rebate form for me if I supplied the information requested which included info about the vehicle and numbers gathered from Ultragauge.    I provided the info and within minutes they supplied the rebate form.   

However, I could not let the issue rest, I had to know what was wrong with their system that caused me so much grief.  So I pressed the issue with them.  After some arm twisting, I learned that I was the problem.  Apparently I kept entering the numbers incorrectly.   The support person told me that they simply went to the web page and ran the same rebate form generator I did.   They entered the info and numbers in as I had attempted and it worked the first time for them.    I must admit I felt like an $%#@ after pressing the issue and complaining about their system, when all the while I simply failed to enter the numbers correctly.  Looking back on it, I realize now I kept making mistakes while entering the numbers, so I am not at all surprised.

The rest of the story is all good.  I sent in the rebate form, along with the packing slip and disclaimer form, and within two weeks I received notice that my rebate was deposited into my PayPal account.  I cannot think of a time I have ever received a rebate so quickly.  Most times, particularly with PC components, the rebate takes forever if at all, and there is no way to track or dispute it.  I was initially frustrated but pleasantly surprised when this all came together.

Please don't let any rebate difficulties taint your view of the company or product.  Small businesses are vital to this country and economy, especially now.  I have had a very positive experience with Ultragauge and expect you will to.

Oh, and the gauge…I love it.  Even my wife is a more fuel efficient driver because of it.

Offline cbwilsha

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 01:37:05 PM »
Sent mine in on 5/28 with no problems and rebate was credited to my account on 6/29.

C.B.