Author Topic: 2000 Ford Diesel "Support vs Won't Work" and 96 Toyota Corolla  (Read 3494 times)

Offline rmac2000

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone...
I have a 2000 F350 7.3L Ford diesel.  The compatibility says "Confirmed - No fuel or mileage gauges supported", a post below says the diesel is not supported.  So, does this mean the ultra-gauge will work but is not "supported" meaning I won't get much help but it can read and clear the diesel codes and display most sensors but not the mpg?  Or does this mean do not buy it for Ford diesel trucks because it won't work? 

I also have a 1996 Toyota Corolla, 4 cyl, manual transmission with no mass flow sensor.  I understand that could affect the mpg feature.  Based on the table, its compatible, but the vehicle is not listed in the sensor estimator.  Just wanted to make sure it will work on most levels with both vehicles.   Basically I want to read and clear all Ford diesel and the corolla codes, as well as be able to see most sensors: O2, temperatures, mass flow (diesel), etc.  I am not too concerned about mpg or trips.  Thanks for your time...

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: 2000 Ford Diesel "Support vs Won't Work" and 96 Toyota Corolla
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 03:00:54 PM »
The "Confirmed" means that it has been confirmed to be incompatible and UG does not support it.
It can still read and clear codes.

Basically I want to read and clear all Ford diesel and the corolla codes, as well as be able to see most sensors: O2, temperatures, mass flow (diesel), etc.  I am not too concerned about mpg or trips.  Thanks for your time...
It will do all that you describe.  The ECU on the Ford Diesel will after a few minutes stop responding...or it will continue working without issue.    It is because it may stop responding that it has been put on the exceptions list.