Author Topic: Fuel economy improvements  (Read 4820 times)

Offline LostSouthernStar

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Fuel economy improvements
« on: August 21, 2011, 09:16:27 PM »
Hello everyone,

I ordered my first UltraGuage EM, so now I am awaiting its arrival.

I was curious how much other user's fuel economy has improved since using their UltraGuage?

I am getting 34 MPG combined in my 2001 Toyota Camry and I haven't even implemented many hypermiling tips eiter, so I am curious as to how far I can push my fuel economy.

Thanks! God bless!

-LSS

Offline frv

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel economy improvements
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 05:23:13 AM »
I've been hypermiling for 3 years and have averaged about 51mpg, best was 57.8.
Since getting UG at beginning of August, I have broken 60mpg for first time and then did it again!

Offline kendals

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 07:18:50 AM »
frv,

I am really curious how you used the UG to help with your hypermilling.  This is the exact reason I bought mine.  What gauges did you use?  What "tricks" do you use to get the maximum MPG?

Thanks

kendals

Offline frv

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 05:17:46 AM »
Update - I use many hypermiling techniques but mainly it's just the usual defensive driving - looking ahead and anticipation, trying to drive without using brakes (wasted energy), driving with load, coasting in 'N' with engine on or off depending on circumstances, slow down, etc.
Since I got the UG, I've managed a 720 mile tank compared to my previous best of 638 and it's probably improved overall fuel consumption by 15% just knowing what the numbers are!