Author Topic: Length of average and getting a 2-mile average economy  (Read 4212 times)

Offline hawstom

• Newbie Gearhead
  • 1999 Chevy Metro 5-speed manual 1.0 liter
    • View Profile
Length of average and getting a 2-mile average economy
« on: October 03, 2011, 06:26:11 PM »
I am looking into the Ultraguage, and one question I have is whether it will give me feedback on what my average fuel economy has been for the past minute or so (couple of miles/kilometers).  I don't personally find instantaneous MPG to be all I need.  At the same time, an average of the past thousand miles or so isn't that helpful.  I would like to know the average of how I am driving "right now" or "today" or "this road/street". 

1.  Can the Ultragauge give me this short-term average feedback?

2.  What is the length/distance of the average MPG, and can it be selected/changed?

Tom

Offline bamzippow

• Jr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: Length of average and getting a 2-mile average economy
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 11:21:58 PM »
Yes...there is the trip MPG.  You can reset it via the gauge menu.  You'll have to the trip MPG on the screen page yer gonna monitor it with.  ;)

Offline bamzippow

• Jr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 10:51:31 PM »
The new EM Ultragauge might have the option yer looking fer...  ;)

Of the 7 pages, the default page 3 has a short trip screen that displays, Avg MPG (srt), G/Hr (srt), Distance (srt), Time, etc...

This is reset every time you turn off the engine.  Not sure if it can be reset in the Gauges page.

Found this today while I was looking around.

Offline bamzippow

• Jr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 11:04:47 AM »
The short trip gauges cannot be reset via the gauges menu.  It is reset every time the engine is turned off.

I've been running with this page fer the past few days...makes it nice to see what my current drive is netting me vs what my overall average is.  :D

Haven't found a use fer the gallons per hour...will probably change it out fer something else.  ;)