Author Topic: Help, help UG won't work  (Read 3428 times)

Offline Ro3bert

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Help, help UG won't work
« on: December 24, 2011, 12:02:17 PM »
2011 Sprinter 3.1L diesel.

Installed my UG this morning, turned the engine on and set the UG up no problem.

Now for the problem. After setting it up (worked nicely) turned the engine off then to see how it works started the engine again and the UG was blank, no display.

Troubleshooting says possible fuse to the ODBII connector blown but voltage check shows 12+VDC at red wire in plug.

Troubleshooting also says to disconnect and try in another auto, and here's the problem, I can't disconnect the plug from the connector. I even removed the connector from the dash to see if I could see what was keeping the connector attached but no amount of light, prying with screwdriver or anything else did anything to help remove the plug (it is loose, wobbles when moved but refuses to come out [was that way before prying]).

Why would the UG work when first plugged in but not after restarting the engine? According to the directions it wasn't necessary to start the engine but neither do the directions indicate a potential problem if the engine was running. (It was freezing out was why I started the engine).

Robert

Offline Ro3bert

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: Help, help UG won't work
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 02:55:31 PM »
Problems solved. Plug was just extremely tight so it took extraordinary force to remove it but I got it done-no damage.

The other "problem" was "fixed" when I pushed the up button while the engine was running (should have read the instructions a little closer and I would have found those directions).

So all seems to be ok. I'll find out for sure on my next trip.

Robert