Author Topic: 2012 Ford Focus Avaliability  (Read 5109 times)

Offline Bliky

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
2012 Ford Focus Avaliability
« on: May 02, 2012, 10:53:13 PM »
I saw on this page: http://www.ultra-gauge.com/customer_support/knowledgebase.php?article=16 that UltraGauge knows about the battery issues that are in the 2012 Focus and state it should be resolved in a future release...

Was wondering if we could get a little more info on when that might be.

Thanks!

Offline wingerr

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Ford Focus Avaliability
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 12:52:14 PM »
It appears to have been addressed with the latest model, EM v1.2, which added a battery voltage measurement capability to the UG.  You'll then need to use Mode 3 for the power detection, which results in the UG checking to see if the battery voltage is above or below the 13.2V threshold.
If it's below 13.2, it assumes the car is turned off, as the resting state of car batteries will be below that value.  If it's above 13.2V, then the car is assumed to be running, with the alternator charging the battery.
With the older version of UG I have, I resorted to unplugging it every time I parked, and after that got too annoying, wired in an on/off switch to make sure the UG didn't keep the ECM awake.  It'd be more convenient with the v1.2 scheme, but I've already got two of the older units, so they'll do for now.

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Ford Focus Avaliability
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 06:42:38 PM »
Yes, version 1.2 which was released around the end of June, resolved the 2012 Ford Focus issue.