Author Topic: explanation of basic gauges ! importand  (Read 8288 times)

Offline dimi_p

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
explanation of basic gauges ! importand
« on: May 10, 2012, 01:56:59 PM »
dear all hello,
i have my ug a couple of weeks now but i have the following questions about gauges:

1. the ug has the ability to show Air/Fuel ratio but it has 3 (!) options for doing so
a. AFR commanded ratio (value of λ requested by EngineControlModule)
b. Mass Airflow 1 (raw output from MAF sensor)
c. Mass Airflow 2 (calibrated version)

SO WHICH OF THE ABOVE SHOULD WE MONITOR ?? I'M TOTALLY CONFUSED
-------------------------------------

2. the ug has the ability to show throttle position as % but with 3 (again) gauges to do so
a. commanded throttle position (throttle position requested by EngineControlModule)
b. relative throttle position (relative ?)
c. throttle position (absolute output of throttle position sensor)

SO WHICH OF THE ABOVE SHOULD WE MONITOR ?? AGAIN TOTALLY CONFUSED
--------------------------------------

3. last but not least load in engine with 2 (this time) gauges
a. Load absolute (comments make no sense in manual)
b. Engine load (percent of engine load !!?? ...too simple)

SO WHICH OF THE ABOVE SHOULD WE MONITOR ??

P.S if someone knows what is the values of Ignition Timing Advance in a mazdaspeed 3 (turbocharged car) please explain , as in my car it is around 10 when engin starts and goes to 20 , 30, 38 when reving....
??

Offline l4nc3r

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: explanation of basic gauges ! importand
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 11:22:29 PM »
Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I will be asking these exact questions to my friends this weekend.  I just bought a 07 Speed 3 this past tuesday myself. I had a Mazda 6 before.  I still have the classic atm so I dont have any of the upgraded gauges yet.  I'll be ordering it soon here though.

Offline pizzaguy

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 07:02:00 PM »
I just installed mine today, and there is a LOT to learn - I can't answer your questions yet either, except for the last one:

P.S if someone knows what is the values of Ignition Timing Advance in a mazdaspeed 3 (turbocharged car) please explain , as in my car it is around 10 when engin starts and goes to 20 , 30, 38 when reving....
??
Ignition timing changes constantly.  This is part of that thing you hear auto manufacturers say:  "The computer re-tunes the engine constantly while you drive".

That is, there IS no "Timing Advance" value, because it varies due to engine speed, load, and (I am sure) other factors!

Enjoy the ride! ;)

Offline Ro3bert

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 08:48:09 AM »
Makes me think I have the % engine load but have no idea what it really indicates. Since the % load goes as high as 100% but no higher even though the throttle is not fully on the floor what am I really looking at?

Need a somewhat technical explanation.

Robert