Author Topic: LCD  (Read 5864 times)

Offline Beer

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
LCD
« on: June 03, 2012, 09:17:35 PM »
Anybody have part numbers for replacement LCDs?
I need to replace the screen. The procedure is pretty straight forward. And since the case has been conveniently separated for me and the screen was pulled out of the connector as the unit got yanked out of the car and smashed on the ground, half of the work is already done for me.

The cords on these things are way to long to safely use them to troubleshoot a CEL in someone else's vehicle.

Offline bamzippow

• Jr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: LCD
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 01:08:22 AM »

Offline bamzippow

• Jr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 04:32:40 PM »
The only part number I was able to find on the LCD screen was TX1464.7.00.  Not sure that's worth anything to you at all...  ;)

Offline Beer

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 08:20:38 PM »
I don't want to pay the $18 plus shipping to send the unit into them, wait for them to repair it, then pay shipping back when the thing is already disconnected and requires 30 seconds of work.

Offline bamzippow

• Jr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 01:25:53 AM »
I don't want to pay the $18 plus shipping to send the unit into them, wait for them to repair it, then pay shipping back when the thing is already disconnected and requires 30 seconds of work.
Contact them and see if they will ship the bare LCD to you and let you DIY the repair...  ;)

Don't fergit that the A and K pins are soldered to the main PCB.  ;)

Since yer LCD is broken...any chance you have taken it apart to see how the LEDs are soldered in?  What's the possibility of replacing those with different ones?  :D