Author Topic: Ultragauge for KIA Optima SXL  (Read 8813 times)

Offline Ro3bert

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Ultragauge for KIA Optima SXL
« on: August 01, 2012, 08:40:53 AM »
Will the Ultragauge work on the 2013 Optima SXL? I have no idea if it is ODBII complaint and in any case don't know where the plug is located.

I have one on my 2012 Sprinter and use it all the time since there are so few gauges on that machine; just speedo, tach and fuel gauge (that's a laugh 10 bars in decreasing size). No oil pressure/temp, tranny pressure/oil pressure. Oh, it does have an ambient air temp readout.

In any  case I do want an Ultragauge for the Optima, which I assume is compatible.

Thanks, Robert

Offline UltraGauge Admin

• Administrator
  • Sr. Member Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: Ultragauge for KIA Optima SXL
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 10:42:46 AM »
Compatibility   
OBDII connector locator (If not found, try different years, , they are typically in the same place for a given model)

Offline subyroo

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: Ultragauge for KIA Optima SXL
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 06:45:59 PM »
Will the Ultragauge work on the 2013 Optima SXL? I have no idea if it is ODBII complaint and in any case don't know where the plug is located.

In any  case I do want an Ultragauge for the Optima, which I assume is compatible.

Thanks, Robert

Ro3bert, the 2012 Optima is OBDII compliant as per this thread, http://www.justanswer.com/kia/6pbig-does-kia-optima-ex-2012-obdii-port-performance.html so I would say yours is too.

The OBDII connector is possibly down in the area of your left knee on the dashboard, maybe even near the hood release or it could be under the steering wheel housing that covers the indicator/windscreen wiper stalks.

Check the area  where you see the Bluetooth plugged in below. (Red arrow)

You might like to join the Kia Forum too.

http://www.kia-forums.com/
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:02:05 PM by subyroo »