Author Topic: MPG calibrations  (Read 5313 times)

Offline Fisherguy

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
MPG calibrations
« on: January 15, 2013, 06:15:41 PM »
I have bigger than stock tires on my Ram truck, I also have a programmer I used to correct my speedometer, odometer etc. 

So first question is will the UG read the correct values or will it also need to be calibrated fo speed/distance?  I don't have the UG setup to show distance or speed but maybe  that's why I'm getting such crazy MPG values displayed?

Next question is, when I fill up I go in and manually input the amount of fuel I actually put in, but when I go back from there and start driving the average MPG always seems to start out displaying 70 MPG, then slowly goes down from there.  The MPG display I'm seeing is ALL OVER the place with this thing, way out to lunch.

Offline oj88

• Newbie Gearhead
  • I hope my wife had a DLC port.
    • View Profile
Re: MPG calibrations
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 10:32:43 AM »
For question 1, use highway mile markers to calibrate distance. This method is detailed in the manual. You will have to repeat this everytime you change tire size.

See if that will somehow fix question 2.

Offline Fisherguy

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: MPG calibrations
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »
I haven't seen  'mile markers'   here in BC for years.
The speedo on the UG is the same as the truck speedo, so that doesn't need recalibrating. 
My MPG readout is still way out to lunch, I wish I got 40-50 MPG but sadly that's not even close to what I'm getting.