Author Topic: Pending Trouble Code Alarm  (Read 5516 times)

Offline klingon55

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Pending Trouble Code Alarm
« on: March 02, 2013, 12:37:48 PM »
Hello,
I have a 2012 Veloster
The gauge works great but I get pending trouble codes that vanish before I can check them. Is there something I am doing wrong?
I get the alarm for the TC and I check both the trouble code menu and the pending code menu, never any codes there.  I know it isn't a phantom code because I had the PTC alarm happening every time I hit the brakes and I took it in and there was a code for the brake position sensor (they replaced it). But I still have this other PTC that keeps happening randomly and its never there to read.

Offline arlan79

• Newbie Gearhead
    • View Profile
Re: Pending Trouble Code Alarm
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 07:51:30 PM »
Hi.
I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra and I also see the Pending Trouble Codes Alarm several times per week.  When I go the Pending Codes screen, a few seconds, or a few minutes later, it says there are "no pending codes".  The alarm usually happens at the moment when I lift my foot off the accelerator, and shift into neutral to coast up to a stop sign or a red light.  Probably I'm doing something my Hyundai doesn't like, but If I knew the code, I'd know which behavior to stop. 

Perhaps the Pending Trouble Codes alarm could display the code number with the alarm.  I'm sure there's enough display space.  e.g,  When my RPM alarm, or any other alarm is triggered, it displays the current value of the parameter, and the limit that was exceeded.